Large Scale Purification Quick Facts
The Problem: The remarkable acceleration in the discovery rate of new protein-based products is straining downstream processing, most critically, chromatography-based purification technologies. Upcoming cost pressures on biologics production from biosimilar products mandate development of efficient solutions to the costliest part of the process: protein purification.
The Solution: Aqueous two-phase partitioning is widely recognized as a highly effective, inexpensive, easily scalable technology - but its development can be a complex and imprecise science. We developed a service-based technology for rapid development and optimization of bioseparation conditions using aqueous two-phase partitioning systems with unique advantages.
- Rapid, highly automated combinatorial searches from a library of thousands of potential biphasic system candidates
- Computerized optimization techniques for achieving a balance between yield, cost, and degree of purification
- Experience with multiple protein product classes, and with different expression systems
- Low risk by staged process development, with proof-of-concept available after first phase
- No further process development and adaptation required during scale-up
- Final process implemented using standard low-cost equipment, such as multi-stage centrifuges and settling tanks
Physchem Services • LogD / Log P • Aqueous Solubility • pKa • Chemical Stability • XRPD • Accurate Mass
ADME Services • Microsomal Stability • CYP450 Inhibition • PAMPA • BBB Permeability
Sample Submission • About • Contact